Sunday, February 25, 2007

On the bottom of this reviews page, a manga which I have forgotten the name, but am 'translating' as I want to boink my little sister is considered one of the worst. I was going to write about how Little Lulu is a better role model for young girls than Supergirl, but then I remembered that then I'd actually have to read supergirl. Suffice it to say, I really enjoyed the story in Lulu Goes Shopping where Lulu runs home crying because the boys called her homely, her mom gives her a makeover, and after much fighting and foolishness on the boys' part, Lulu decides to take that crap off, and play leapfrog instead. Moral: Beauty is well and good, but in it's place.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

Stripperella was a better role model for girls than Supergirl is currently XD

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu rocks a lot--she's much more feisty and progressive than most people expect.

8:27 AM  
Blogger animeg said...

*snerk about the stripperella*

and I agree about Lulu, but it's kind of depressing to note that comics made more than 50 years ago are being more progressive than today's comics.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home