Sunday, January 06, 2008

Thanks to Nana vol 8, we learn an important lesson. Only losers don't use condoms. Of course, I love Nana O's classic shoujo realization about Nana Hachi- you may be whiny, a crybaby, etc, but when you smile, I love you the best. I love Nana Hachi too. She's always getting into scrapes, but they make me laugh and cry. I'm not saying I don't like a strong female character- a real one, not just an excuse for boobs and guns/knives/superpowers- but a flawed character can be just as appealing as well.

In the side notes for Skip Beat 5, the author talks about how it's such a negative manga- but that's the charm of it! I also like the gung ho- glass mask-esqe "look at our acting skillz" bits too. But the negative bits of the characters are my favorite. They are so much more interesting than positive characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home