Thursday, July 10, 2008

I read a conversation about Fruits Basket spoilers and someone was talking about how a character did not deserve a happy ending. That it was not realistic. I thought that was silly. I mean, does Tohru deserve to have her parents die? Do the Sohmas deserve the curse? In real life, as in stories, there is pain and suffering we don't deserve, as well as joy we don't deserve.

Unearned joy and sorrow are part of life, and so I think it gives a story spice to add it. I don't think Fruits Basket is a wish fulfillment series. I mean, it's cute that the sweet girl is surrounded by hot guys, but the whole curse aspect- even from the beginning it was apparent that there were darker waters there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home