Monday, July 24, 2006

I got Fool's Gold, and it is amazing. I think the story would have been strengthened by including a girl who actually dated a nice guy- it's not like every single girl everywhere always dates jerks, even in high school. But overall a good fun effort. That's why I was like if we want less sexist manga, we need to make them ourselves. The idea that all girls like jerks may not be free of sexism, but for strong character fans, Penny isn't exactly a blushing schoolgirl. She's not afraid of confrontation, or leading a club with a hundred people in it. The setting caused some confusion for me, because I was thinking that a hundred girls wasn't enough to do a whole school strike on jerks, but then again, I think this is a small town school, as there are only five people of color in the whole school. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home