Saturday, December 16, 2006

I got a review by By George. The only change I've made is X'ing out the letters of my actual name:

? – Shannon WXXXX

You’re lucky I don’t mind web searching to figure out who the hell you are - though I am beginning to sympathize with Cheese. I have no idea what the title to this comic is, but as a coconut, I can certainly sympathize with you, too, oreo. I like this. It’s gross, but at least it’s honest. I find the font intrusive with your otherwise home-made style. The portrait and voice over panels are okay, but I wouldn’t complain about a few more scenes in the style of the soccer sequence, for example. Maybe it’s just because I identify with you, but it’s the day-to-day stuff that makes for better reading than straight explanation, especially when it comes to the bigger issues, like racial identity. If I may make a suggestion: Put some structure on this. This comic just sort of wanders away. I know it’s a blog, but it should be more. There’s a lot to unpack here and it feels a bit like you’re chickening out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home