Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Epic Lightness of Full Metal Alchemist

I'm on volume 15 of Full Metal Alchemist. My library only has up to volume 16, which looking at the releases is a pretty good showing for a library. I'm glad I wandered into the manga section of my library- Riza and Mustang's relationship gets much more development, we have new characters from stereotypical China, but once we see one cut off her arm(!) for a mission and another allow his body to be taken over, I don't mind so much, even though there IS a miniature panda.

All in all, this is the sort of thing we need more in American comics. Good solid action, strong female characters that AREN'T running around in bikinis[note that Riza wears the same uniform that other soldiers wear], and a unified story line.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home