Friday, August 21, 2009

Ponyo Ponyo Little Fishie in the Sea

I saw Ponyo. It was cute. I love retro animation. The soundtrack[except for that last song in the credits] was amazing, and the atmosphere was lush. I wish that we knew more about say...whether Ponyo's dad was human or not. I guess he is, but he lives in the sea. And what is Liza's hate on for weed killer? And why is Ponyo so adorable?
Haaaam!

The dubbing was a little wonky- why leave sensei untranslated? Children might not know that, you know. And Fujimoto's voice...he wasn't really good. The other dub cast were adequate.


References in Ponyo that are SHOCKING: references to paganism, beer, breastfeeding, small boys crying,paleontology, the fabric of reality, and fairy tales.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

the song they played during the credits made me cringe a little bit... otherwise pretty good movie though.

2:34 PM  
Blogger animeg said...

It's annoying, but it's been in my head for days.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home