Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bunny Drop

There's been a big buzz about Bunny Drop on the net, so I decided to check it out. It has that sparse artwork I like, and I liked the rhythm of the story- it was slow, but not too slow. One could really enjoy the pace of life with Daikichi and Rin. I also get the sense that things will develop into a little drama. There's the mystery of Rin's mother, there's some possibility for romance with the mother of Rin's little school friend, and more could develop with the angle of Daikichi's job. I was surprised at first that Daikichi had such a responsible job, but it fits his character- even though the relationship is slightly awkward, he is still able to take care of Rin fairly well, and even understand some of her emotional issues, despite the fact that he isn't really comfortable with kids.

I hope that this manga doesn't stall out, and give into the temptation to just be a collection of sweet moments.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home