Sunday, February 13, 2011

Complaining About Princess Jellyfish

Hulu link for reference. Ok, I admit that I watched all 11 episodes. I grumbled about how we end up with makeovers in every show about a girl that isn't super duper hot, and how if this was a show about male geeks, there would be no makeovers at all. In fact, attractive girls would be inexplicably attracted to these dudes!

Besides that, I just get a huge feeling that something is missing here. I think I would have liked more emphasis on Tsukimi's emotional growth and grief for her mother, and maybe her growing to have feelings for Kuranosuke, or realizing that Shu is a jerk. I'd like to see our 'nuns' fleshed out more. The SAVE THE APARTMENT BUILDING story line ended in a deus ex machina, so it made it feel like all of Tsukimi and Kuranosuke's work, and poorly thought through plans were for nothing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home