Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Indie Games Vs The Heavy Hitters

I have mostly stopped buying games for $60. I'll only buy say, CiV or FF13- games I really anticipate for $60, and that's maybe one time per year I'll drop that much on a game. For indies,$10 is my sweet point, because some indie games are really short. $20 is pushing it, and I'll be waiting for a sale. For $20, I can get a DS game (used) or one of the huge backlog of PS2 games. I actually prefer 2d graphics or retro style game play. Unless the voice acting is stellar, I don't need voices. So a lot of the things that push up the price such as fancy graphics, motion controls, or whatever, I don't really have enough interest in to invest $60 in.

I used to have a lower threshold, but as I've added more hobbies, and more importantly, as real life priorities have increased, I have less money and less time to spend on games.

I think that a lot of times, the major labels so to speak, forget that not every game needs bells and whistles, but every game needs solid gameplay. With a lower price, I'm not so annoyed if it's not an amazing game, but at $60 per pop, it has to be the best game I've ever played in my life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home