Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The last person to see Madoka ep 6 or 7.

Yes, as the last person to see Madoka I was shocked by this week's latest episode. It started out with a nice parallel to the typical metaphor for adolescene the magical girl is, and ended with people getting their souls ripped out of their bodies. I enjoyed the subversion of the genre standard that if a magical girl loses or breaks their transformation trinket, they just detransform. (see sailor moon)

I wondered why Kyoko was shocked that the girl she was trying to kill died, until I realized that she was just thinking 'hey, that could happen to me!'. Then again, in the next episode, she stops trying to kill Sayaka completely, and even tries to save her before she totally snaps and goes ham on the witch.


One day I'll have to figure out why I like angst. I wouldn't like a real story about a girl whose whole family died or who went insane, but in fiction, I guess I feel better because I'm not supposed to do anything about it. I can't change what happened, so enjoy the ride. But in real life, I feel bad because I feel powerless to change anything.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home