Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I don't get it

I have now learned that sports gamers pay $60 every year for what is basically the same game over and over. I have fond memories of the old NBA Jam, but I wouldn't want to buy a game that is exactly the same.

I also don't get ebooks. I don't want to curl up to a machine in bed, and I don't want things to disappear on the whim of some company.

I do get why physical movie rental stores are closing although I don't think theaters will go away. Now I prefer watching movies at home- although I would rather watch on my tv than a computer- but many people will actually sell out $15 to watch a movie on a big screen. Those crazy people probably are more attracted to the experience of going out and eating overpriced foodstuffs than the newness of the movie.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Ebooks are actually kin of awesome, I think. i prefer real books generally, but e books satisfy the But-I-want-it-now impulse, and let a reader transport more books at once than they would otherwise be able to. Plus, I've fond the nook to actually be EASIER to read in bed-- it only takes one hand, even for page turning!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home