Monday, March 14, 2011

Oresama Teacher and Eensy Weensy Monster

Oresama Teacher bothers me. There's a lot of cookie cutter "girl meets this jerk! Oh, but she really knows him! Crap! She's bumped into him at school" scenes in this first volume. Then again, this could be pretty good. Mafuyu is...an idiot. And Hayasaka is just as bad. Just as long as they don't go overboard on Mafuyu's luurve for Takaomi, this could be good fun.

Eensy Weensy Monster is of course nothing like Tsuda's masterpiece Kare Kano. What really hamstrings this series is its length. Nanoha has some interesting friends, and I'd like to see more of them, and the relationship between Hazuki and Nanoha's brother could also be developed more as well. The monster metaphor gets tedious even within these two short volumes, but I'd like to see a little more development of say, Nanoha's inferority complex. I can't complain too much, I only bought this because I like to look at Tsuda's art.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home