Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Life Story

My Life Story is the sort of sad little game that is addictive for no reason that I can see. Maybe I just enjoy resource management, and buying items. I have to admit that I always liked the part in Final Fantasy where you went to a new town and bought tons of shiny weapons and armor. Basically, the premise of My Life Story is that you're some sort of loser just out of high school. You can be a white male loser or a white female loser. I decided to be a white female. You can choose what you want to do with your time up to a point. Basically you need to keep yourself healthy, full of energy, entertained and full while still doing your job and getting an education. On the weekend, you automatically go back to your digs and get some bonuses.

I was reminded slightly of Princess Maker 2, although you have less freedom. You can choose a major after general ed at college town college, and you can purchase items for bonuses. There are events and little milestones that keep you going. Basically, it's a cute game. The graphics and music are inoffensive. But somehow, I keep playing it. A mystery.

I think it could be improved by making it more possible to customize your character. Maybe have different attributes that could be improved on by various activities. Here you do the activities to avoid losing the game by being rushed to the hospital.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home