Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Fake Geek Girl

In reponse to this. I admit I do think there are some fake geek girls. Not anime fans that have only seen Bleach or comics fans who have only read Scott Pilgrim. Those people need a recs list. And you don't need to know every single issue of Batman, either. But I don't like it when just regular ol' models and actors think they need to attract a bigger fanbase by pretending to be geeks. At least the folks who don't know the classics at least LIKE what they say they are geeky about. Maybe in a few years, they'll become deeper geeks. What they won't do is lick a video game console just to get their 15 minutes of fame.

You may say, but aren't you being super mean to the pretties?! No. It's one thing to sew your own awesome outfit, even if your boobs are falling out. It's another to be "What demographic am I today? I guess I'm a geek now. I was a hipster yesterday." Geekiness is PASSION. So show some.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home